I’ve seen these Liebster awards around the blogosphere for a while now and admittedly was quite sceptical of the true motives behind them at first. I couldn’t quite understand what they were about. However, I recognise the importance of community when you are a blogger. It is one of the things that I enjoy (and have enjoyed in the past); having regular visitors/ commenters whose blogs you also read and sharing knowledge, experiences and fun. I’ve learnt so much reading other people’s blogs and would love to tell others about them too. This seems a great way to encourage a new blogger!
So, in the spirit of the thing, I’d like to thank Debra from Cultivating Time for nominating me for this Liebster award!
If you could visit a fictional world from a book or a film, where would you go?
You have to change your first name, what will you call yourself?
I am very fond of my current first name but if my life depended on it, I’d be called something like Miko or Aoi (which I can’t even pronounce but I love the mystery it invokes)
There’s a knock at the door, your heart skips a beat and your stomach is all a quiver – who is at the door?
It’s my lovely boyfriend, affectionately called “Bear” and he’s carrying crispy fried squid, rosé wine and lemon cheesecake!
You can spend the day with any man or woman from history, who will you choose and why?
Mohammed Ali. I’d ask him where he got his confidence and self-assuredness from. Then I’d want some sparring tips!
What one question will you definitely ask them?
As above, and what tips would he give a young person finding themselves in the world.
You have to change your hair colour, it has to be one of the colours of the rainbow. What colour will you choose?
I love the colour green. I’d have forest green hair. It makes me feel closer to nature, feel grounded and clean
Which song (s) represents your personality?
There are so many songs that represent my personality!
I’m coming for dinner, what’s on the menu?
You could expect either a home-made lasagne, a beef stew with Guinness and lots of buttery mashed potato or baked salmon, green beans and spicy couscous. Or you could get jerk chicken wings, home-made coleslaw, corn- on- the-cob… Basically, it depends on my mood but either way you’d be well fed!
What smell do you love?
You are stranded in a lifeboat in the ocean, like in Life of Pi – which animal will you share your boat with and why?
A cat. A large ginger cat. I love cats and it would keep my feet warm!
My blog is called Cultivating Time – what quote or saying about time do you like?
Time and tide wait for no man!
My nominees for the Liebster Award are:
- Amuse Bouche Costanza
- South East London Blogger
- Little Miss Litberry
- Vegan in Las Vegas
- Whereever the Heart Goes
The idea of the award is to is to recognise and promote new up and coming blogs of a good standard with less than 200 followers (on WordPress).
My questions for my nominees are –
- If you were President of the World for a day, what would you change?
- Salted Popcorn or Sweet Popcorn?
- Favourite childhood memory?
- You’re famous for a day. Who is the first person you call?
- Cats or dogs?
- Paper books or electronic books and why?
- ‘Live for the weekend’ or ‘Live each day like it’s your last’?
- Ketchup or Brown Sauce?
- You’ve been asked to pack up your life and relocate to a foreign country in 24 hours. Where do you go?
- What fictional character in a book, TV show or film do you most resemble in personality?
- You’re being offered the job of your dreams. Congratulations on your new role as a …
For anyone new to the Liebster Award this is how it works –
- In a post – answer the questions that your nominator posted for his/her nominees.
- Share 11 random facts about yourself.
- Make up 11 new fun questions for your nominees.
- Give some love back to your nominator , include a link back to their blog and their post.
- You must nominate 5-11 bloggers.
Nominees – any questions, please just ask. There is no timescale to do this but please add a link to your new post below when you have done it. The aim is to raise the profile of your blog. I’m looking forward to reading your answers!
Feel free to answer any of the questions from this post yourself, even if you have not been nominated this time. I would love to read your answers. Sorry if you do not like to take part in these awards. I nominated your blogs because I loved them!