*Edit – I know that I am only allowed one entry for the competition BUT I made two drinks. THIS IS MY OFFICIAL ENTRY!*
I’m taking part in #summerofmatcha, a competition hosted by EatCleanTea, to encourage people to drink healthier, non-fizzy drinks. They have challenged bloggers to create delicious summer drinks using their selection of matcha.
I’ve never created any tea recipes before so I knew that this would have been a challenge! It was a tough choice but I decided to go with the Mint Flavoured Matcha as I was up for trying something new.
As soon as I thought of a recipe and flavours to complement the mint flavour, I thought of a drink that was a healthy, non-alcoholic verson of the ever famous summer drink, Pimms.
- 1 teaspoon Mint Matcha
- 400ml water
- 1/2 of a lemon
- 1 teaspoon golden syrup (I didn’t have honey!)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 fresh mint leaves, bruised (to release the awesomeness!)
- 1/2 cucumber, thinly sliced and quartered
- A handful of strawberries, cut into quarters
- Handful of ice cubes
Here’s how I made my experimental concoction:
- In a mixing jug, add matcha to water and mix well until it dissolves – it’s VERY green!
- Squeeze half a lemon into mixture
- Stir in vanilla extract and golden syrup
- Add icecubes, chopped fruit and fresh mint to serving glass
- Pour over liquid from your mixing jug
- Stick a straw in and get STUCK IN!
This makes a glass of a very refreshing ode to Pimms without the booze (or the sugar)
I had so much fun creating something new (along with creating a huge mess) and I’m pretty pleased with how it turned out!
It may not be the prettiest looking thing, but it sure did taste good!
Wish me luck and check out my second attempt at creating a recipe for #summerofmatcha being posted shortly.