Status: Currently accepting book + tea review requests!
So you’d like me to review one of your books – great!
When I started this blog, the intention was to talk about books that I had personally bought (of which there are too many to count) and enjoyed so much that I wanted to share my thoughts on them. I still buy a lot of books and my groaning bookshelves will testify to this. However, since I’ve received a number of review requests, I am also open to accepting requests where I am interested in the genre or the book sounds too good not to read it!
- SF and Fantasy
- YA (I don’t read much because I don’t know where to begin. Enlighten me)
- Literary fiction
- Books by Japanese authors, set in Japan or which feature Japanese characters (highly requested)
No erotica or children’s books at the moment please
- Travel writing
- Popular Science
- Personal Development/ “Self help”
I accept published books and advance reading copies (“ARCS”) in Paperback, Hardback and e-copies. My e-reader is a Kindle so please send digital books in compatible formats.
Other things to note
- I cannot guarantee a specific rating – I only post my honest opinion of all of the books that I read. If I liked it, I will say. If I didn’t, I will also say.
- I do not have a specific turnaround time between receiving the book and the review. Ideally it would be a month but if it is needed sooner, please let me know. I’m not a professional reviewer, nor a speed reader. I also have a full time job. Please be patient and I will try to accommodate you. I read for fun! 🙂
- Acceptance of a book does not guarantee a review. If for any reason I am unable to review a book, I will let you know in advance.
- If I review a book, my blog post is automatically shared via Twitter, Google+ and Bloglovin’. I am now also going to post my reviews to GoodReads. I don’t currently post to Amazon or other sites. Please respect this decision.
- I don’t follow a specific format in my reviews – I tend to post the cover photograph and my rating but do not generally include blurbs.
Please feel free to drop me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Ultimately, this is my little corner of the internet and I upload here for fun. Anyone reading and commenting is a bonus!
I also review teas.
If you’re interested in me reviewing your teas or tea-related paraphernalia, please also drop me a line at email@example.com